What is Go Native for Wildlife all about?
Quogue Wildlife Refuge is thrilled to be working with local Garden Centers and Nurseries in the community so that together we can support our local wildlife with the sale of native plants. The following business are participating and throughout the 2021 season will offer at least 5 native plants at a time that support our native butterfly, bee, and bird species. We hope YOU join us by shopping at their centers and purchasing native plants for your garden! It’s a fun way to support birds, bees and butterflies!
Where to buy native plants?
Please check out the wildlife friendly businesses below, and support them AND our wildlife! Look for our logo at the centers. Thank you!
- Aspatuck Gardens in Westhampton Beach
- Decorative Gardens Nursery in Calverton
- Enchanted Gardens in Speonk
- Forge River Nursery in Mastic
- Fowler’s Garden Center in Southampton
- The Gardens at Beds & Borders in Laurel
- Holly’s Garden Center in East Moriches
- Quality Parks – Native Plants in Port Jefferson
- Talmage Farm Agway in Riverhead
- Trimble’s Nursery in Cutchogue
- Verderber’s Garden Center in Aquebogue
Who are our Endorsers/Partners?
The Barefoot Gardener
Dragonfly Landscape Design
Dropseed Native Landscape
Horticultural Alliance of the Hamptons
LINPI (Long Island Native Plant Initiative)
New Suffolk Waterfront Fund
Remsenburg Garden Club
Two Thirds for the Birds
Westhampton Garden Club